Tuesday, July 15, 2008

world gone nuts...

I'm not in favor of death penalty, which isn't to say I'm not in favour of violent criminals being subject to popular justice, if it helps anyone else feel better about things.

The reason I'm not in favor of death penalty is of course because people fail and lots of innocent people are killed because of death penalty. The reason I'm in favor of popular justice is because I'm beleiving people will know for sure who the criminal is, and because I don't care much about the criminals rights if it makes the victims feel any better.. it's their karma to take if they think it's worth it.
I would like to be able to make that choice if someone killed (violently like in Lara's case) someone I loved. I wouldn't care if I went to jail or even died.

I'm talking about this because this is something I just learned about myself, living through this tragic story. I now understand "popular justice" very well. Theoretically/rationally I'm against it, because it may lead to more problems and all.... and irrationally and emotionally it's something I would do and not regret.

I just found out a guy my age killed himself. His familly is friends with mine , but I didn't know him. He was working with my uncle in the states.. but didn't adapt well. He was problably very depressed.

It's really important people have psychological help and are informed about depression. I wish I'd had a chance to talk to him, and to people that think about suicice. depression is delusion. Anyway. my mom's in shock. She knows the parents well. The world is crazy.....

I saw lots of couples fighting out loud in the street today. WTF...

3 comments:

deepbluewater said...

sim... também penso que o mundo está de loucos!Acredito que cada vez mais as pessoas desligam o seu lado espiritual, o ego acima de tudo!!!

Devil Mood said...

Some kind of crazy energy in the sky? Moon is conjunct Pluto today.

Violet said...

i think it's the whole 2012 scenario... it's supposed to start in 2008...not confortable at all.

the couples fighting might be moon pluto. the women were loud. =P